- 14 -
Gently press the CPU socket lever handle down
and away from the socket with your finger. Then
completely lift the CPU socket lever and the metal
load plate will be lifted as well.
Hold the CPU with your thumb and index fingers.
Align the CPU pin one marking (triangle) with the
pin one corner of the CPU socket (or you may
align the CPU notches with the socket alignment
keys) and gently insert the CPU into position.
Push the CPU socket lever back into its locked
Once the CPU is properly inserted, use one
hand to hold the socket lever and use the other
to lightly replace the load plate. When replacing
the load plate, make sure the front end of the
load plate is under the shoulder screw.
B. Follow the steps below to correctly install the CPU into the motherboard CPU socket.
Before installing the CPU, make sure to turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from
the power outlet to prevent damage to the CPU.
Hold the CPU socket lever by the handle, not the
lever base portion.
Remove the CPU socket cover as shown. Hold
your index finger down on the rear grip of the
socket cover and use your thumb to lift up the
front edge (next to the "REMOVE" mark) and
then remove the cover. (DO NOT touch socket
contacts. To protect the CPU socket, always re-
place the protective socket cover when the CPU
is not installed.)
- Box Contents
- Optional Items
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Layout
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Block Diagram
- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- 1-1 Installation Precautions
- 1-2 Product Specifications
- 1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
- 1-4 Installing the Memory
- 1-5 Installing an Expansion Card
- 1-6 Back Panel Connectors
- 1-7 Internal Connectors
- Chapter 2 BIOS Setup
- 2-1 Startup Screen
- 2-2 The Main Menu
- 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
- 2-4 Standard CMOS Features
- 2-5 Advanced BIOS Features
- 2-6 Integrated Peripherals
- 2-7 Power Management Setup
- 2-8 PC Health Status
- 2-9 Load Fail-Safe Defaults
- 2-10 Load Optimized Defaults
- 2-11 Set Supervisor/User Password
- 2-12 Save & Exit Setup
- 2-13 Exit Without Saving
- Chapter 3 Drivers Installation
- Chapter 4 Unique Features
- Chapter 5 Appendix