- 16 -
1-4-1 Dual Channel Memory Configuration
This motherboard provides two DDR3 memory sockets and supports Dual Channel Technology. After the
memory is installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. En-
abling Dual Channel memory mode will double the original memory bandwidth.
The two DDR3 memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has one memory socket as
Channel 0: DDR3_1
Channel 1: DDR3_2
1-4 Installing the Memory
Read the following guidelines before you begin to install the memory:
• Make sure that the motherboard supports the memory. It is recommended that memory of the
same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used.
(Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)
• Always turn off the computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before installing
the memory to prevent hardware damage.
• Memory modules have a foolproof design. A memory module can be installed in only one direc-
tion. If you are unable to insert the memory, switch the direction.
Due to CPU limitations, read the following guidelines before installing the memory in Dual Channel mode.
1. Dual Channel mode cannot be enabled if only one DDR3 memory module is installed.
2. When enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, it is recommended that memory of
the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used for optimum performance.
- Box Contents
- Optional Items
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Layout
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Block Diagram
- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- 1-1 Installation Precautions
- 1-2 Product Specifications
- 1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
- 1-4 Installing the Memory
- 1-5 Installing an Expansion Card
- 1-6 Back Panel Connectors
- 1-7 Internal Connectors
- Chapter 2 BIOS Setup
- 2-1 Startup Screen
- 2-2 The Main Menu
- 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
- 2-4 Standard CMOS Features
- 2-5 Advanced BIOS Features
- 2-6 Integrated Peripherals
- 2-7 Power Management Setup
- 2-8 PC Health Status
- 2-9 Load Fail-Safe Defaults
- 2-10 Load Optimized Defaults
- 2-11 Set Supervisor/User Password
- 2-12 Save & Exit Setup
- 2-13 Exit Without Saving
- Chapter 3 Drivers Installation
- Chapter 4 Unique Features
- Chapter 5 Appendix