- 64 -
4-2 BIOS Update Utilities
GIGABYTE motherboards provide two unique BIOS update tools, Q-Flash
Q-Flash and @BIOS are easy-to-use and allow you to update the BIOS without the need to enter MS-DOS
mode. Additionally, this motherboard features the DualBIOS
design, which enhances protection for the
safety and stability of your computer by adding one more physical BIOS chip.
What is DualBIOS
Motherboards that support DualBIOS have two BIOS onboard, a main BIOS and
a backup BIOS. Normally, the system works on the main BIOS. However, if the
main BIOS is corrupted or damaged, the backup BIOS will take over on the next system boot and copy the
BIOS file to the main BIOS to ensure normal system operation. For the sake of system safety, users cannot
update the backup BIOS manually.
What is Q-Flash
With Q-Flash you can update the system BIOS without having to enter operating
systems like MS-DOS or Window first. Embedded in the BIOS, the Q-Flash tool
frees you from the hassles of going through complicated BIOS flashing process.
What is @BIOS
@BIOS allows you to update the system BIOS while in the Windows environ-
ment. @BIOS will download the latest BIOS file from the nearest @BIOS server
site and update the BIOS.
4-2-1 Updating the BIOS with the Q-Flash Utility
A. Before You Begin
1. From GIGABYTE's website, download the latest compressed BIOS update file that matches your moth-
2. Extract the file and save the new BIOS file (e.g. h55ms2h.f1) to your USB flash drive or USB hard drive.
Note: The USB flash drive or hard drive must use FAT32/16/12 file system.
3. Restart the system. During the POST, press the <End> key to enter Q-Flash. Note: You can access
Q-Flash by either pressing the <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS Setup.
However, if the BIOS update file is saved to a hard drive in RAID/AHCI mode or a hard drive attached to
an independent IDE/SATA controller, use the <End> key during the POST to access Q-Flash.
Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, please do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may
result in system malfunction.
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
Copyright (C) 1984-2010, Award Software, Inc.
<DEL>: BIOS Setup <F9>: XpressRecovery2 <F12>: Boot Menu <End>: Qflash
- Box Contents
- Optional Items
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Layout
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Block Diagram
- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- 1-1 Installation Precautions
- 1-2 Product Specifications
- 1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
- 1-4 Installing the Memory
- 1-5 Installing an Expansion Card
- 1-6 Back Panel Connectors
- 1-7 Internal Connectors
- Chapter 2 BIOS Setup
- 2-1 Startup Screen
- 2-2 The Main Menu
- 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
- 2-4 Standard CMOS Features
- 2-5 Advanced BIOS Features
- 2-6 Integrated Peripherals
- 2-7 Power Management Setup
- 2-8 PC Health Status
- 2-9 Load Fail-Safe Defaults
- 2-10 Load Optimized Defaults
- 2-11 Set Supervisor/User Password
- 2-12 Save & Exit Setup
- 2-13 Exit Without Saving
- Chapter 3 Drivers Installation
- Chapter 4 Unique Features
- Chapter 5 Appendix