- 77 -
5-1-1 Configuring 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio
The motherboard provides six audio jacks on the back
panel which support 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
The picture to the right shows the default audio jack
The integrated HD (High Definition) audio provides
jack retasking capability that allows the user to change
the function for each jack through the audio driver.
For example, in a 4-channel audio configuration, if a Rear speaker is plugged into the default Center/Sub-
woofer speaker out jack, you can retask the Center/Subwoofer speaker out jack to be Rear speaker out.
5-1 Configuring Audio Input and Output
High Definition Audio (HD Audio)
HD Audio includes multiple high quality digital-to-analog converters (DACs) that support 44.1KHz/48KHz/
96KHz/192KHz sampling rate. HD Audio features multistreaming capabilities that allow multiple audio
streams (in and out) to be simultaneously processed. For example, users can listen to MP3 music, have an
Internet chat, make a telephone call over the Internet, and etc. all at the same time.
A. Configuring Speakers
(The following instructions use Windows Vista as the example operating system.)
• To install a microphone, connect your microphone to the Mic in jack and manually configure the
jack for microphone functionality.
• Audio signals will be present on both of the front and back panel audio connections simultane-
ously. If you want to mute the back panel audio (only supported when using an HD front panel
audio module), refer to instructions on the next page.
Rear Speaker Out
Front Speaker Out
After installing the audio driver, the HD Audio Manager
icon will appear in the notification area. Double-click
the icon to access the HD Audio Manager.
(Note) 2/4/5.1/7.1-Channel Audio Configurations:
Refer to the following for multi-channel speaker configurations.
• 2-channel audio: Headphone or Line out.
• 4-channel audio: Front speaker out and Rear speaker out.
• 5.1-channel audio: Front speaker out, Rear speaker out, and Center/Subwoofer speaker out.
• 7.1-channel audio: Front speaker out, Rear speaker out, Center/Subwoofer speaker out, and Side speaker out.
Chapter 5 Appendix
- Box Contents
- Optional Items
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Layout
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Block Diagram
- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- 1-1 Installation Precautions
- 1-2 Product Specifications
- 1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
- 1-4 Installing the Memory
- 1-5 Installing an Expansion Card
- 1-6 Back Panel Connectors
- 1-7 Internal Connectors
- Chapter 2 BIOS Setup
- 2-1 Startup Screen
- 2-2 The Main Menu
- 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
- 2-4 Standard CMOS Features
- 2-5 Advanced BIOS Features
- 2-6 Integrated Peripherals
- 2-7 Power Management Setup
- 2-8 PC Health Status
- 2-9 Load Fail-Safe Defaults
- 2-10 Load Optimized Defaults
- 2-11 Set Supervisor/User Password
- 2-12 Save & Exit Setup
- 2-13 Exit Without Saving
- Chapter 3 Drivers Installation
- Chapter 4 Unique Features
- Chapter 5 Appendix