- 9 -
1-1 Installation Precautions
The motherboard contains numerous delicate electronic circuits and components which can
become damaged as a result of electrostatic discharge (ESD). Prior to installation, carefully read
the user's manual and follow these procedures:
• Prior to installation, do not remove or break motherboard S/N (Serial Number) sticker or
warranty sticker provided by your dealer. These stickers are required for warranty validation.
• Always remove the AC power by unplugging the power cord from the power outlet before
installing or removing the motherboard or other hardware components.
• When connecting hardware components to the internal connectors on the motherboard,
make sure they are connected tightly and securely.
• When handling the motherboard, avoid touching any metal leads or connectors.
• It is best to wear an electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap when handling electronic com-
ponents such as a motherboard, CPU or memory. If you do not have an ESD wrist strap,
keep your hands dry and first touch a metal object to eliminate static electricity.
• Prior to installing the motherboard, please have it on top of an antistatic pad or within an
electrostatic shielding container.
• Before unplugging the power supply cable from the motherboard, make sure the power sup-
ply has been turned off.
• Before turning on the power, make sure the power supply voltage has been set according to
the local voltage standard.
• Before using the product, please verify that all cables and power connectors of your hard-
ware components are connected.
• To prevent damage to the motherboard, do not allow screws to come in contact with the
motherboard circuit or its components.
• Make sure there are no leftover screws or metal components placed on the motherboard or
within the computer casing.
• Do not place the computer system on an uneven surface.
• Do not place the computer system in a high-temperature environment.
• Turning on the computer power during the installation process can lead to damage to sys-
tem components as well as physical harm to the user.
• If you are uncertain about any installation steps or have a problem related to the use of the
product, please consult a certified computer technician.
Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- Box Contents
- Optional Items
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Layout
- GA-H55M-D2H/GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard Block Diagram
- Chapter 1 Hardware Installation
- 1-1 Installation Precautions
- 1-2 Product Specifications
- 1-3 Installing the CPU and CPU Cooler
- 1-4 Installing the Memory
- 1-5 Installing an Expansion Card
- 1-6 Back Panel Connectors
- 1-7 Internal Connectors
- Chapter 2 BIOS Setup
- 2-1 Startup Screen
- 2-2 The Main Menu
- 2-3 MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
- 2-4 Standard CMOS Features
- 2-5 Advanced BIOS Features
- 2-6 Integrated Peripherals
- 2-7 Power Management Setup
- 2-8 PC Health Status
- 2-9 Load Fail-Safe Defaults
- 2-10 Load Optimized Defaults
- 2-11 Set Supervisor/User Password
- 2-12 Save & Exit Setup
- 2-13 Exit Without Saving
- Chapter 3 Drivers Installation
- Chapter 4 Unique Features
- Chapter 5 Appendix